Intern with PMTC
Portland Musical Theater Company’s is dedicated to furthering the appreciation of musical theatre in the Portland metro community through performances and educational programs. We are committed to two fundamental truths.
1. Each of us is special and has unique gifts to contribute to the world.
2. We’re more alike and connected than we realize.
We’re a forward-thinking, fast-paced company looking to hire interns with strong knowledge and understanding of the online marketing landscape, including various social media websites.
We’re producing 4 main stage productions in our 2018-2019 season plus our Cabaret Cafe series. We want to get the word out through press releases, social media, our website, our email list and other organizations and partners.
The intern selected for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team who are very excited to share this exciting launch with an intern hoping to gain a ton of great online experience.
You’ll work directly with the Artistic Director to plan, execute and measure our marketing efforts, to make sure each event gets as much exposure as possible AND to plan strategies so those that attended a show, come back again.
Why intern with us?
- Increase skills that can position you for better jobs and higher compensation
- Partner with the executive team and see the inner workings of a small business
- Get school credit, if desired
- Know your internship is making an impact on small businesses across the world
- Easily work around your school, work or other commitments
- Add interesting projects to your portfolio
- Improve your resume, cover letters, and job search plan
- Experience benefits as a member of our family long after your internship is over like networking opportunities, introductions, references, and more
- Assist in the creation of graphics, e-mail campaigns, and social media posts, etc.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of event materials
- Entering contact information into our email system
- Maintain tracking report of marketing and sales activity
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Twitter, and more
We’re is looking for an undergraduate student majoring in Communications, Sales, Marketing, Business, Journalism, or Advertising.
This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
Your energy and excitement are more important than your past experience or your educational background.
We welcome applications from people of every age group, skill level, and background. We work with individuals who want to get more experience and skills and those who are enrolled in academic programs.
Applicants must exhibit clear and professional written and oral communication skills, be detail oriented, work well without direct supervision, and have the ability to follow through on a project from beginning to end. No experience is necessary; we will train you and give you all the tools you need to be successful.
You’ll need reliable internet and computer access. You’ll work from home most of the time and we’ll gather for the actual events. You can work around your schedule too.
Apply ONLY IF…
=> You’re a friendly, positive, people-person and frequently hear others say that you made their day.
=> You love theater and music.
=> You understand that marketing is actually being of service to others and have enjoyed sharing news, spreading the word for events or organizations you’ve worked with in the past.
=> You enjoy talking on the phone and communicating via email or text.
=> You’re a confident, independent thinker and a practiced creative problem solver.
=> You’re highly accountable and responsible and drive projects to completion.
=> People tell you that you are able to respond to even difficult situations with grace, compassion and empathy (verbally and in writing).
=> You love to learn
How to apply…
Send an email and tell us…
#1: Why you want to be a part of our team.
#2: Why you think you’d be great for this position.
#3: Your favorite job you’ve ever had and what you loved about it.
#4: Your least favorite job you’ve ever had and what you didn’t like about it.
#5: Any specific training or skill sets you have that you think would be extra valuable in this position.
Send this to Contact @ PortlandMusicalTheater.org along with your resume or work history.
Place the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line: PMTC Internship
NOTE: You do NOT have to live in Portland, Oregon to join the team. You’ll be working from your own home.