2018-2019 Season Audition Information
Congratulations on Scheduling Your Audition with Portland Musical Theater Company.
We recommend you check your email immediately for your audition appointment confirmation. We will use email as our primary method of communication and you don’t want to miss a message from us.
General Auditions Saturday May 5th
Callbacks for TBA Holiday Show and TBA Spring Show Thursday May 10th 7:15-9:15pm at Avanti Music Studios 2240 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Portland, OR 97214
Callbacks for There’s No Business Like Show Business and Duets Saturday May 12th 2pm-6pm at the Peninsula Odd Fellows Community Classroom 4830 N. Lombard St. Portland, OR 97203.
All callback auditions are by invitation only and auditioners will be notified via email. Make sure you have whitelisted/approved our domain (portlandmusicaltheater.org) so you get our messages.
Avanti Music Studios
2240 SE Hawthorne Blvd.
Portland, OR 97214
Video auditions are being accepted for General auditions before May 5th at 11:59pm Pacific. Send your Video audition (of the below) to Contact @ PortlandMusicalTheater.org Callbacks must be in person.
Please be prepared to:
- sing 16-32 bars of a song to be sung with a background track or a capella. Song should show off the best aspects of your voice. They must be memorized. No accompanist will be provided. You may bring a track with you on your phone or tablet…it can be played through our speakers. You may also bring a CD or a USB thumb drive.
- sing second song in a contrasting style, if requested.
- perform comedic monologue orcold read a side provided at the audition
- sing 16 bars from one of the songs from a show and be prepared to sing it with others with the provided track. The lyrics do not need to be memorized but you do need to be able to hold your part. The sheet music and the background track are available here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xPtgTqYQR5Ag3l4-gyi_mf-p5Tv_3eZr?usp=sharing
Learn measures 32 through 48. All ladies need to learn the alto part (when it splits in three, stay on the bottom part) Gentlemen need to learn the baritone part.
- a current non-returnable photo
- your calendar to list your conflicts.
Artists auditioning for female roles are asked to wear a skirt or dress and heels or flats.
Arrive 15 minutes early so that you can complete an audition form.
The Top 10 Reasons to Work with Portland Musical Theater Company
1. We end rehearsals and meetings on time.
2. Once the rehearsal schedule is published, it is set. We won’t call you in on a day off. We respect your time.
3. You’re doing works that audiences love and that you’ll be proud to invite people to.
4. You’ll be referred and recommended. If you want more projects, working with us is a great way to get introduced to others. We’re asked for referrals a lot.
5. You’ll be a part of something special…something bigger than ourselves. When you work with PMTC, you’re not just checking boxes or doing busywork, you are a part of a bigger cause to strengthen community.
6. You want to work in a positive, encouraging environment where your contribution is valued and appreciated.
7. You like problem solving and creative thinking. No cookie cutter solutions here.
8. Work with passionate people like you. Our cast, crew and board are committed to strengthening our community by providing great productions and programs that bring hope and joy. If you want to be a part of a team of like-minded passionate people, then PMTC is the place for you.
9. Develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge. This is real-world work that will grow you as a designer, technician and a professional.
10. It’s fun! Working with PMTC is FUN! We guarantee you will have a blast working with our cast, crew and volunteers. There’s something new and exciting happening every day.