Stage Manager Needed for The Sensational Sixties
Portland Musical Theater Company seeks a Stage Manager for “The Sensational Sixties” opening Jan. 13th, 2017
What: The Sensational 60s: a Broadway Revue” a World Premiere created and directed by Portland Musical Theater Company’s Founder & Artistic Director Deanna Maio for Chehalem Players Repertory.
The Sensational 60s: a Broadway Revue” is an original musical revue featuring favorites from 1960s Broadway hits including: Bye Bye Birdie, Cabaret, Camelot, Fiddler on the Roof, Hair, Hello Dolly, How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Man of La Mancha, Oliver, Sweet Charity and more.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Track actor arrivals at tech rehearsals and performances
- Give announcements and distribute information
- Help maintain quiet and order. Among other things, this means that all cellphones and other electronic devices must be kept away from backstage areas
- Assist the director with notes
- Announce call times for cast (30 minutes, 15 minutes, 5 minutes, Places, etc.)
- Give announcements and take questions
- Help keep Performance space clean and neat
- Manage simple light cues during performance
- Set stage, props, and house before house opens
- Turn off and on house and stage lights as need
- Manage simple sound cues for house music and performance music
- Helping audience to find seats, rest rooms, and ringing the bell that signals intermission is over
- Assist director with other tasks to ensure the actors and the audience have a successful experience
Must be able to attend:
Run throughs in Portland December 12th and 13th
Tech week rehearsals in Newberg January 9, 10, 11, 12 from 7:00pm-10:00pm
Performances January 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29, Feb 4, 5, 10, 11, 12 from 6:00pm-10:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays at 1:00pm to 5pm on Sundays
Position compensation is $200 and 2 comp tickets.
Please send an email to email@example.com with your resume attached. Please include why you’d like to be considered and what one of your favorite musicals is and why.
October 24, 2016 News