Baritone & Tenors Wanted for There’s No Business Like Show Business
Have you ever wanted to be in:
West Side Story?
Guys and Dolls?
My Fair Lady?
The Sound of Music?
The King and I?
Annie Get Your Gun?
Kiss Me Kate?
In There’s No Business Like Show Business you’ll get to sing the songs from the biggest blockbusters from 1940-1959 all in one show including Guys & Dolls, West Side Story, My Fair Lady, The Music Man, Oklahoma, South Pacific, The Sound of Music, and more.
All roles are ensembles roles with solo opportunities. You get to sing with others and have your time in the spotlight. We’re got 2 great parts for Baritones or Tenors.
We hire Non-Equity performers and encourage artists of all ethnicities to audition. We’re looking for great singers that can sing in ensemble, sing solo, can move/dance a little.
Cast members receive a $100 project stipend and two complimentary tickets. (we know it’s not what your talent is worth but it’s what we have right now) See more about working with us below.
BIG PLUS if you can read music (meaning that you can understand the symbols written on a piece of sheet music and comprehend the music that the composer is attempting to describe by them. We don’t mean sight reading.)
Auditions will be by appointment only and will be held at
Avanti Music Studios
2240 SE Hawthorne Blvd.
Portland, OR 97214
You must be available all technical and performance dates: Sept 2, 8, 9, 22, 23, 30, October 6 and 7
Other schedule conflicts may not preclude you from participating.
Complete the audition form at:
We’ll email you to schedule an audition.
Applicants scheduled for an in-person audition will be asked to:
- Perform a song with a background track they provide or acapella. No accompanist will be provided.
- Perform an alternative song in a contrasting style if asked.
- Bring a current non-returnable photo and resume.
Note: Portland Musical Theater Company is Portland’s Only All Musical theater company on the East Side. We are a 501c(3) non-profit, community theater company. Portland Musical Theater Company is committed to objective casting, and does not consider factors of race, gender or ethnicity in casting except when such factors are required by playwrights. We have great respect for your time and will start all rehearsals on time, end them early or on time and will never add a rehearsal to the schedule or call you in unexpectedly after the schedule is published.
THE TOP 10 REASONS TO WORK WITH PORTLAND MUSICAL THEATER COMPANY
1. We end rehearsals and meetings on time.
2. Once the rehearsal schedule is published, it is set. We won’t call you in on a day off. We respect your time.
3. You’re doing works that audiences love and that you’ll be proud to invite people to.
4. You’ll be referred and recommended. If you want more projects, working with us is a great way to get introduced to others. We’re asked for referrals a lot.
5. You’ll be a part of something special…something bigger than ourselves. When you work with PMTC, you’re not just checking boxes or doing busywork, you are a part of a bigger cause to strengthen community.
6. You want to work in a positive, encouraging environment where your contribution is valued and appreciated.
7. You like problem solving and creative thinking. No cookie cutter solutions here.
8. Work with passionate people like you. Our cast, crew and board are committed to strengthening our community by providing great productions and programs that bring hope and joy. If you want to be a part of a team of like-minded passionate people, then PMTC is the place for you.
9. Develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge. This is real-world work that will grow you as a professional.
10. It’s fun! Working with PMTC is FUN! We guarantee you will have a blast working with our cast, crew and volunteers. There’s something new and exciting happening every day.
July 4, 2018 Auditions & Openings